I believe that no one will categories that savings deposit or fixed deposit as a kind of investment. That is because the interest rate on both deposits is negligible.
But, why there are still many people save money in the bank?
I think, the main reason is “safety” or “stable”, put the money in the bank will not suddenly missing or investment failure. And, if the unlikely event of a member bank failure, PIDM will reimburse our insured deposits.
Many people know that “High Risk, High Gain” concept. But, what kind of investment is safe (low risk), and also get high returns?
- Stock Market（high risk，high return）
- Real Estate/ Housing or Property（low risk, high return, but require minimum capital）
- Business（medium risk，medium return, but have to spend a lot of time）
- Unit trust/ Trust Fund（medium risk，medium return）
- Amanah Saham （low risk，medium return）
Amanah Saham (Trust Fund)
There are two types of the Trust Fund that manage by government and also private companies. Amanah Saham Nasional (ASN) and Amanah Saham Bumiputera (ASB) are managed by Government companies.
The company which manages ASN and ASB is PNB (Permodalan Nasional Berhad). PNB invests the Trust Fund of the ASN and ASN on 330 listed and non-listed companies, including Sime Darby, MAYBANK and so on.
PNB’s investment areas include financial, banking, farming, real estate, traffic and transportation, construction, chemical oil industry, pharmaceutical industry and many more.
Now, PNB is managing for 11 national investments, including the Amanah Saham Malaysia.
How much you know about it?
- 1.Skim Amanah Saham Nasional (ASN)
- 2Skim Amanah Saham Bumiputera (ASB)
- 3Amanah Saham Wawasan 2020 (ASW 2020)
- 4Amanah Saham Malaysia (ASM)
- 5Amanah Saham Didik (ASD)
- 6Amanah Saham Nasional 2 (ASN 2)
- 7Amanah Saham Nasional 3 (ASN 3)
- 8Amanah Saham Gemilang – Pendidikan (ASG-Pendidikan)
- 9Amanah Saham Gemilang – Kesihatan (ASG-Kesihatan)
- 10Amanah Saham Gemilang – Persaraan (ASG-Persaraan)